Imagine coming home on a Friday night after a long week of working hard, gathering with friends and family on your back patio, and gazing up at the night sky at one of Mother Nature's greatest masterpieces: the stars. Not only is stargazing a universal activity, but it's also one that doesn't require much planning or advanced technology to truly enjoy. When you're ready to unwind, instead of turning to the TV, computer, smartphone or video gaming system to give you instant entertainment, consider grabbing some snacks, gathering up your family, friends, and/or neighbors, and making a fun evening out of watching an all-natural, awe-inspiring star show. With these helpful tips, you can transform your backyard or patio space into a comfortable, functional stargazing paradise.
Set Seats for the Stars It's important to have enough comfortable, adequate outdoor patio furniture. Instead of simply putting out some lawn chairs and hoping that they do the job, consider investing in quality, versatile seating pieces that give guests options of how and where they can settle in. Check out these star-friendly patio seating options:
- Luxury chaise lounge chairs: Sophisticated and contemporary lounge chairs with five-way adjustable backrests and fold-out feet allow you to set up a perfect laid-back, stargazing sanctuary.
- Club chair settings: Comfortable, plush club chairs that have swivel and rocking capabilities are ideal for gazing up at the night sky.
- Club & ottoman sling chairs: These versatile, practical, and durable sling chairs and ottomans are built for offering leisure outdoor living and can be a great addition to a stargazing-friendly patio set.
- Full patio set-ups: Get an all-in-one patio seating option with a plush, luxurious the Resort Outdoor Furniture set or a seating arrangement from the Portofino Collection. A timeless style and quality construction make these sets beyond ideal for stargazing. From couches and club chairs to sectionals and loungers, you can create a unique, customized seating set-up that fits all your wants and needs.
Don't Skip the Snacks What is stargazing without some yummy snacks on-hand? Spice things up a bit with some fun, star-special treats like meteorite Krispie treats, constellation cookies, solar system fruit kabobs, and full-moon sandwiches. Other go-to snacks include things like chips, granola bars, peanut M&M's, Oreos, and crackers.
Add Fun Accessories In order to truly create a serene place for fun star-gazing, you should incorporate some fun accessories to make your backyard unique. Some pieces to consider are:
- Hammocks: What's better than sitting in comfortable patio chairs and watching a meteor shower? Rocking in a plush hammock and watching a meteor shower. Plush, quilted hammock beds are supported by a cypress wood frame that just summons you to lay back and watch the stars unfold.
- Fire tables: Fire tables are a must-have piece for fun evenings with friends and family. These pieces help to create a focal point for your backyard and can create a beautiful design element for your space.
- Pillows: By incorporating decorative outdoor pillows in your patio set up, you'll be adding a bit of flair to your space while also providing guests with a comfortable place to rest and enjoy mother nature.
Don't Forget the Star-Gazing Staples With comfortable seating options, fun accessories, and enough snacks to keep tummies happy, you'll also need to make sure you have all the staples in order to create a successful night of stargazing. Make a checklist for the following options and keep it handy when you're preparing for a night under the stars.
- Telescope and accessories: If stargazing is something you and your family plan to enjoy for years down the road, consider investing in a high-quality telescope for stargazing and accessories like a dew shield, a Barlow lens, Moon filter, or nebula filter.
- Binoculars: A decent set of binoculars is a great tool to have close at hand while star-gazing and can truly enhance the entire star-gazing experience.
- Laser-pointer: As you know, it's virtually impossible to successfully point to a particular star or constellation with your finger. Laser-pointers, on the other hand, make it easy to point out things for everyone to see.
- Added comforts: Make sure you include items that will enhance the overall stargazing experience. Some staples include blankets, bug spray, music, hats and gloves, information on stargazing for beginners, and any other things that you think your guests might enjoy.
By following these helpful tips, you'll be able to create a backyard oasis that's perfect for enjoying star views with friends and family.